Alex Hellid / Entombed
Sarnia, Ontario, the town of my birth. So great to see the lights of home in the night.
I love how the street lights on the American side of the border (West of the river) are a different colour to the Canadian side. Awesome shot.
awwww yeeeeee death metal time
“As I’m somehow on this website, here’s some lovely facts about downtown Beijing:
1. The toilets are shitholes. No, really, the toilets are holes in the ground. ALL the toilets are holes in the ground. And the Chinese are terrible shots too, so I have no idea why they still use them.
2. Everyone is quite informal here. This is good sometimes and not other times. For example, being late to work can easily be excused, as long as you get something done. On the other hand, if you try to cross the road, you will die. You buy the cars, and the licences, through some sort of lottery, so the people in the cars don’t mind going for it when they want to. They love to horn each other.
3. They have pretty much solved music piracy here. Baidu, China’s Google, offers free legal downloads, as does Google, who are a bit embarrassed that someone is beating them somewhere. There’s no censorship either, it’s purely a case of what deals Baidu have done with music companies. A good example is Chocolate Starfish by Limp Bizkit, which can be summed up by the line “If I say fuck, two more times, that’s 46 fucks in this fucked up line”
4. Talking about swearing, the Chinese don’t realise what English swear words are. I saw a pizza shop with the slogan ” the real shit in beijing”. I also saw a sex shop that simply said “dick”.
5. Oh yeah, I should explain, there’s a lot of English here. They put it all up for the Olympics and thought, screw it, let’s keep it. Essentially, they embrace Capitalism but the Chinese stuff is still more popular, which is understandable really.
5. Everything is cheaper here. The subway is 20p per trip, regardless of where or how far you are going. Good luck getting that in Britain.
6. They have all the things we have in Britain. The nightlife’s good and the underground scene is pretty sweet too. I have already found some drinking mates so I’m sorted.
7. The food is really nice and there is a good variety, but I’m sure about some things. Octopus and Duck were both sweet, but whole frogs were just weird. Apparently, if you buy from the wrong place, you can end up eating cat or dog, so I’ve probably done that by now.
Whatever, that’s enough for now. I’ve been talking about some of the bad points there, but to be fair this city is good, and my live is going quite well at the moment. And this place it always has MacDonalds if I need some western food. And KFC.
I’ve also just realised that no one will read this. Hmm.”
- Chris Briers
Brutal band, brutal artist !
Art made by Toshihiro Egawa.
or black metal
anyone recommend any bands?
Good sir, as far as tech-death is concerned, may I suggest the following:
The Zenith Passage, Beyond Creation, Fallujah, Archspire, Vale of Pnath
nothing like waking up to Skinless to start the day off right
Yes brother! TRAMPLE THE WEAK.
are you quacking to me?
ARE YOU QUACKING TO ME?
NOOO WAAAYYY DUCK
WALK ON HOME DUCK
Phil and some ducks
post number 9000
Stone the Duck
Cape Point, South Africa
Where the Indian and Atlantic Ocean meet.
Jesus fucking christ people are so stupid, as if there’s a distinct line between two oceans that you can actually SEE. Fucking morons.
Non metal post of the day:
There’s a Light - We Choose to go to the Moon